Monday, September 10, 2012

Classrooms for TODAY!



I was very privileged to be a Mentor for Coaches in Pennsylvania’s Classrooms for the Future (CFF) initiative. This year, I’m asking educators, “What do Classrooms for Today look like?”

Collaborating – Creating – Communicating – Critical Thinking

A Classroom for Today is some combination of the Common Core Standards, Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTs), blended learning, online learning, flipped classrooms, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), and reading, writing, speaking, and listening across all subject areas. The list goes on and on. How do all of these good ideas become a cohesive classroom for today rather than individual silos?

Let’s talk about it.

In the upcoming weeks, I’ll be blogging about the intersection of the Common Core Standards and Digital Tools. I hope you’ll join me in the conversation.

You can get an email notice each time I post to the blog, by adding your email address in the Follow By Email box.

Please join me!
 

1 comment:

  1. I was thankful to have you as my mentor, Virginia! My classroom today has a cart full of laptops (not purchased with CFF funds) and an interactive whiteboard. During the day students come to my classroom to use the laptops for online classes. Our district uses a third party provider to offer courses to strengthen and support our curriculum. Also during the day, groups of gifted students gather around the whiteboard for their meetings, so in a sense, we are like a "one room schoolhouse"!

    ReplyDelete